Beginners Guide: Simple Steps to Grow Organic Marijuana
Approximately 50-75 days to grow organic Marijuana plants for harvest. Disclaimer: These instructions are for use where legal under the law.
Step 1: Set up Your Grow Area
- Lighting – Metal halide for grow, sodium for bloom. T-5 fluorescent for clones and seeds.
- Air circulation
- Manage your humidity levels – between 50 and 80 percent is optimal.
- Control temperature – 65 to 85 degrees
Step 2: If Growing From Seed (if growing from clones skip this step)
- Select Your Seeds If you wish to grow organic marijuana select only high quality organic seeds. A great source is SureBred Super Seeds which are organically grown and produced in a Kosher facility… no pesticides or growth agents.
- Germinate and Plant Your Seeds Don’t just plant you seeds in the in your potting soil…you will wonder why they never sprouted. Marijuana seeds are very small and can literally be “washed down” when watering, to a level that is too deep for germination. Best practice is to germinate between layer of damp paper towel. Place in a dark warm place and the seeds will germinate in a few days. If you are using clones (teens) skip the Germination and Seedling stages and go straight to Step 4.
- Seedling Stage Plant sprout in a small container in half an inch of soil. This is not the time to fertilize. Use quality soil with no nutrients added. Your soil should be light and composed in such a way that it drains easily. Your pH for your water should be neutral or close to 6.5. Water about every third day. Don’t over water. Set your timer for your lights to six hours of dark and eighteen hours of light.
Step 3: Grow Stage (Vegetative Stage) – Weeks 1 – 4
- Transplant seedling or clone to a larger container.
- Run your lights for eighteen hours to twenty-four hours a day.
- Stick with organic fertilizer so as not to burn your plants.
- Grow your plants This is the time to grow your plant to full size so that is will support the bloom stage. Top dress with Mission Granular Grow. Optimize growth with Mission Liquid Roots and Liquid Grow.
- Follow the application rates on the Feeding Schedule and the directions on the container. Apply liquid Enhance.
Step 4: Early Bloom Weeks 5 – 8
- Flip Change your light timers to twelve hours of light and twelve hours of darkness. This will mimic late summer/early fall lighting conditions and cause the plant to flower, thus creating the buds you have been waiting for.
- Fertilize Continue to apply liquid Grow and Bloom and at week seven top dress with Bloom Granular.
- Enhance Apply liquid Sweeten beginning in week six. Apply liquid Enhance.
Step 5: Late Bloom – Weeks 9 – 14
- Continue a light cycle of twelve hours of light and twelve hours of darkness.
- Continue with Sweeten and add Boost for optimal results and great marijuana flowering buds.
- Fertilize with organic products Again you should grow organic marijuana using organic fertilizer. Many novice growers over fertilize with synthetics during the flowering stage and thus destroy what could have been an amazing harvest.
- Apply liquid Enhance up to week eleven.
Step 6: Harvest and Enjoy!
- Check your trichomes When all trichomes are milky and 10-15 percent are amber it’s time to harvest!
- Hang your plants Cut the plant and hang upside down in a dark room for a week to a week and half, until dry.
- Storage You can then store in airtight containers, but be sure to open the containers for ten to twenty minutes every five days or so to let out moisture and avoid mold.